Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Hot Start to a Hot Summer


Summer...it is finally feeling like an Alabama summer. The Winklers LOVE summertime! For many reasons. We love those lazy lake weekends where we can just float in good ole' Lake Martin. The water already feels like bath water! We are definitely in for a very hot summer. We had tons of fun yesterday floating in the water and our sunset boat ride with the family. Then we enjoyed a wonderful plate of cholesterol at our favorite restaurant Oskars. Fried pickles and corn nuggets...who needs an entree? We woke up early this morning so we could enjoy the cool breeze right before we packed up to go home. We stopped at Walnut Hill to grab our traditional lake breakfast of homemade biscuits and now our tummys really hurt from all the traditional Alabama food. We made it just in time for church. Then this afternoon, I decided to plant my herb garden. Stuart was so nice to bring me my favorite herbs! I already used some rosemary to bake chicken! I knew I had to go ahead and cook with something because I am excellent at killing any plant. There is no green thumb in me at all! And I decided to start blogging again. All thanks to Sarah Beth (who is my only follower and probably the only one who will read this...unless I ask my mom to.) What a perfect Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment